ROTATIONAL TURNING 2.0
With the rotational turning process developed and patented by WEISSER, finely machined surfaces can be generated free of twist with a precision finish, thus completely substituting costly grinding processes. Due to the simultaneous rotation of the workpiece and the tool cutting edge, machining time is reduced by up to 77% (user study) – a useful rationalization effect.
The method enables the production of twist-lead surfaces with highest accuracy requirements for external, internal and face turning with a roughness of less than Rz 1 μm.
These are ideal prerequisites for high-precision machining of sealing or needle bearing seats on gear shafts or the external and internal rotational turning on reference surfaces of chuck parts, such as transmission gear wheels.
Due to short changeover times, high flexibility is achieved when machining different workpiece types and lot sizes. High long-term precision of the manufacturing tolerances and reliable process stability significantly reduce the processing times.
The conceptual edge is high-tech to meet the highest demands with unparalleled advantages for the users:
- Up to 77 percent savings potential compared to conventional machining methods
- Twist-free surfaces with a roughness of less than Rz = 1 μm
- Substitution of grinding and super-finishing processes, great potential for cost reduction
- External, internal and face turning
- Significantly higher feeds and cutting speeds
- High long-term precision and excellent process reliability
- Dry machining